|Virginia Bar||233 North Virginia Street|
|1941 - 1945|
Photo from the Steve Wells Collection
The Virginia Bar was at 233 North Virginia Street. The Virginia was a favorite meeting place for many off-duty casino workers and Bill Harrah was a regular. The first game licensed there was a roulette table. In the years ahead the bar was also licensed for slots, a 21 game, and a craps game.|
The Virginia Bar closed in early 1946 and was reopened as the Picadilly in July 1946. The site as of 1999 was part of the Nugget Casino.
According to Dwayne Kling