US 40 Tavern
640 East Fourth Street
1946 - 1948

Don Totoian
Grade 4

Richard & Bev Siri
Grade 4

Thomas Aldama
Grade 3

Laurence Miller
Grade 3
Red on Clear

Mark Englebretson
Grade 2

The U.S. 40 Tavern, named because of its location on the former U.S. Highway 40, was licensed for one 21 game in March 1946. Oscar Hewitt was the licensee. The club was located next to a motel and was more a bar than a casino. The U.S. 40 Tavern (not to be confused with the Tavern on West Fourth Street) featured entertainment and dining as well as a 21 game.

In August 1948 Eli Moran and Eli Borrin purchased the Tavern. They sold it to Elmer Avansinoin 1951. Avansino licensed the U.S. 40 Tavern for thirty-five slot machines, one roulette game, one craps game, and one 21 game.

In 1967 the U.S. 40 Tavern was sold, and the name was changed to the Carnival Room. As of 1991 the site was called the Highway 40 Motel.

AT THIS TIME IT IS A MYSTERY AS TO WHO, AL, RAY & BING WERE.

According to Dwayne Kling