The Stag Inn & Bar
265 North Virginia Street
1954 to 1960
The Stag Inn & Bar
Photo from the Mark Englebretson Collection


Pam Goertler
Grade 3

Mark Englebretson
Grade 3

Eric Cook
Grade 3

The Stag Inn at 265 North Virginia Street was a bar with a few slots and occasionally a table game or a poker game. During the nearly 30 years the Stag was licensed, some of the licensees were Santino Oppio, Romano Benedetti, Bert Biancone, and Ken Caldwell.

The Stag Inn closed in 1960 and the property was purchased by Lincoln Fitzgerald. The site is now part of Fitzgeralds Casino-Hotel.

According to Dwayne Kling