|Nevada Turf Club||34 East Commercial Row|
|1946 - 1956|
Photo from the Richard & Bev Siri Collection
The Nevada Turf Club was at 34 East Commercial Row. Joe Hornstein was
licensed by the city for a race book in December 1945. He opened the
establishment in January 1946. Table games were added soon after the
opening. Also involved in the operation and ownership of the Nevada Turf
Club while Joe Hornstein was the owner were Henry and George Hornstein,
Charles Smith, Frank King, and James Smitten.|
On February 28, 1955, Joe Hornstein announced he had closed the Nevada Turf Club. He was scheduled for a state hearing on March 1, 1955, regarding the revocation of his license for accepting out-of-state bets.
The business remained closed until February 1956. At that time Howard Farris was licensed at the property. He closed the casino later that same year.
According to Dwayne Kling