|2400 South Virginia Street|
|Sept. 1950 - Nov. 1960|
Mac's Club opened in October 1950. It was owned by Howard McMullen. In September 1951 the gaming license at Mac's Club was revoked when the State of Nevada cited the club "for operating a 21 game improperly." McMullen was licensed again in April 1952. Initially he was denied an unrestricted license but was licensed for slots. In August he was given an unrestricted license. In June 1954 Mac's Club was licensed for eight slot machines, two 21 games and one craps game.
Mac's Club was a popular local hangout and featured western entertainment as well as dancing and gaming.
In 1959 Howard McMullen leased the business to Howard Jarrad who named the business Jarrad's. Jarrad was licensed for one 21 game and three slot machines in January 1960. On November 7, 1960, the Gaming Control Board closed Jarrad's when gaming agents charged that the 21 game was being "operated improperly." The agents said the dealers were "dealing seconds."
On November 23, 1960 Howard McMullen reopened the property as Mac's Club with no gaming. His opening newspaper ad announced that "Mac is back at Mac's Club. After a one year absence, Howard McMullen is returning as manager, owner and operator. Dancing nightly at 10 PM to 4 AM on a new dance floor."
McMullens lease expired in 1963 and Mac's Club closed forever in November 1963. The site of Mac's Club is now part of the parking lot of Heidi's Family Restaurant.
According to Dwayne Kling