Gold Club ~ Sparks
1201 B Street - Sparks
1964 - 1979
Gold Club
Photo from the James Campiglia Collection




Jim Bothwell
Grade 2

Jim Bothwell
Grade 2

Jim Bothwell
Grade 2

The Gold Club was originally opened by Murray Dolan in July 1965.Later he leased space to Joe Carlos who operated craps and 21 games.

Around 1974 Pick Hobson bought the place. He later sold it to Gene McCarlie in 1978. McCarlie later lost his license when charges were levied by the Nevada Gaming Commission.

It was closed for several years until Dolan gave it another try. The end finally came when John Ascuaga bought it and leveled it to expand his Nugget Casino.