|California Club||238 North Center Street|
|1944 - 1946|
Photo from the Mark Englebretson Collection
Richard & Bev Siri
The California Club was located at 268 North Virginia Street. Opened in 1944 as The California Bar, but in 1945 the City Commission gave its permission to owner Monte Haight to change the name to The California Club and licensed him to operate one craps game, one roulette wheel, one 21 game, and 4 slot machines.|
In May 1946 Monte Haight entered into a partnership with Mac Mael and Dick Farlow. Jack Duffy was put in charge of gaming.
In October 1946 James Powers was granted a gaming license at the location and the name of the business was changed to the Colony Club.
According to Dwayne Kling